Behind 'Fight Song'

Friday, October 28, 2016



This week on my channel I posted a second video for my cover of Rachel Platten’s “Fight Song” featuring the whole of Team Elvis. We filmed both this and the original video while on holiday a few weeks ago. I really wanted to make the most of the opportunity while we were away to film a couple of videos somewhere completely different to normal. And it was so worth it. ‘Fight Song’, the original video, we filmed on the shore of a huge salt water lake five minutes drive from the beach. With the trees, the sand, the water, and even a little yellow boat, I knew it was the perfect place for this video the moment I saw it. I hope you agree!


To be honest, we weren’t even planning to film a second version. But some people started dancing behind the camera (I’m looking at you Gemma-Rose) and the next thing you know we’re choreographing the whole thing over coffee back at the beach house and filming it in the back garden with the dog running around through the bushes. (If you look carefully in the background while we’re dancing, you can see her in the bushes wagging her tail and having a wonderful time). Things tend to work out that way a lot when we’re making videos.


I love this song so much because, as a person with big dreams myself, I find "Fight Song" to be so encouraging. Dreams are funny, amazing, bright, beautiful, personal things, and they take such a lot of courage to follow, whether the dreams are big or small. And it can be so hard to follow them when other people don’t support or encourage you in following your dreams. To me, ‘Fight Song’ is a reminder that our dreams are worth chasing, even when no one else supports them. We are strong enough to fight on anyway.


That’s why I like this song, but I’d love to know what you think of it. What dreams are you chasing at the moment, or would you like to follow? Does your family ever do crazy, amazing things?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe