Connemara Cradle Song

Thursday, January 26, 2017


 Folk music has been a part of my family for as long as I can remember. When I was younger my siblings and I used to sing old Irish ballads for little homeschooling concerts. Imagine a little ten year old me standing with my siblings at the front of a homeschooler’s concert piping out folk tunes with her older, much better brother and sister. Actually, you don’t even have to imagine it because we’ve still got a recording of it! (I’m the little one in the starry dress with glasses).


I’ve done a few folk songs in the past for my YouTube channel too, including Loch Lomond, ScarboroughFair, and The Parting Glass. This week’s song, Connemara Cradle Song, is probably one of my all-time favourites though. We sang this one plenty of times when I was younger. Arranging this version for myself was so much fun. I’m really pleased with how it turned out. I hope you enjoy it too. Let me know what you thought! And, as always, if there are any songs you’d like me to do, let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe